Sunday, August 24, 2008

End of Summer Glory

okay. you guys BETTER appreciate this blog cause it took me so long to arrange the pictures. anyone who uses blogger knows what im sayin'...
anyway, i have to say that this was definitely the best weekend of this summer. which is weird cause its also the last, but at least i know i ended it well  (!)


friday

on friday i wokeup in my bed with maddy and anna in the other room. my mom told me we were going to try to get tickets to outside lands. so i got maddy and anna up and out and got dressed, put on some doc martens and was outta there. me and my mom took bart to san francisco and had a very long and interesting bus ride. old ladies are interesting, thats all im gonna saya bout that. we finally got there and there was NO one in line for tickets. so we got our tickets. 95$ paid for it myself, and we got in a surprisingly short line after going to the bathroom.
we got in and headed toward the main stage. people was runnin for that shit yaknow? 


we got our seats. we were there super early, like 1. first band started at 5, haha. sooooo we setup camp


MOM fasho

i sat down n chilled during steel pulse the reggae vibrations were intensity in the city.


met up with my lady of course


we saw cold war kids. i loved it cause they all looked homeless for the most part. oooh they were fantastic and lovely

hello thats so RIDICULOUS ARTWORK I SAY

then beck decided to showup. late, by the way. but he was gnarlawesome.

mistuh beck again with his awesome band


fences were torn down.
and then i saw radiohead. 
i say i loved it

yeah i was far away from the stage.goes without saying we didnt get to stand where we originally intended cause my mom got trampled ;(

after that awesome show the atmosphere was pure smoke...


just a few people.. you kno


so tired on bart. i got NUTS



saturday

was lovely. basically chilled with mariam watchin plastic surgery shows. yayy.
went to sf at like 7 o clock.
went to this kid ben's house who i dont know but was uber awesome. max lived there too. it was cool people. i was tired and i kept passing out but i snuck a picture. that was a fun night fasho


sunday

wokeup in a pink camo sleeping bag on a couch

ouch


fire escape from the windowww

i booked it right quick to get home and wandered around that area in SF for awhile

got a delish sammich from staaahbucks/
turkey pesto baguette... chyeah!!!


ah and the cherry on top of the weekend was spending time with my other half.
who doesnt love that roight?





ahhhlirhght now im ready for school. chyeah right.


but ima go see if i can get summa dat pasta from my dad he just made and ill try to watch somethin on TEEVEE. 
school starts in like 2 or 3 days
enjoy the resta yaaa'aals summers!

p.s. read these. i cant stop listnin to this song (land locked blues by bright eyes)


and laura's asleep in my bed
as I'm leaving she wakes up and says
"I dreamed you were carried away on the crest of a wave
baby don't go away, come here"

and there's kids playing guns in the street
and one's pointing his tree branch at me
So I put my hands up I say:
"Enough is enough,
If you walk away I walk away."
(and he shot me dead)

I found a liquid cure
for my landlocked blues
it will pass away
like a slow parade
it's leaving but I don't know how soon

and the world's got me dizzy again
you'd think after 22 years I'd be used to the spin
and it only feels worse when I stay in one place
so I'm always pacing around or walking away
I keep drinking the ink from my pen
and I'm balancing history books up on my head
but it all boils down to one quotable phrase
"If you love something give it away"
A good woman will pick you apart
a box full of suggestions for your possible heart
But you may be offended, and you may be afraid
but don't walk away, don't walk away

We made love on the living room floor
with the noise in the background from a televised war
And in the deafening pleasure I thought I heard someone say
"If we walk away,they’ll walk away"
But greed is a bottomless pit
And our freedom's a joke we're just taking a piss
And the whole world must watch the sad comic display
If you're still free start runnin' away
'cause we're comin' for ya!

I've grown tired of holding this pose
I feel more like a stranger each time I come home
So I'm making a deal with the devils of fame
Sayin' let me walk away, please
You'll be free child once you have died
from the shackles of language and measurable time
And then we can trade places, play musical graves
till then walk away walk away walk away walk away
So I'm up at dawn, putting on my shoes
I just want to make a clean escape
I'm leaving but I don't know where to
I know I'm leaving but I don't know where to


<3

No comments: